Synonyms of voice
- 1. voice, sound
- usage: the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech; "A shrill voice sounded behind us"
- 2. voice, vocalization, vocalisation, vocalism, phonation, vox, communication
- usage: the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract; "a singer takes good care of his voice"; "the giraffe cannot make any vocalizations"
- 3. voice, sound
- usage: a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance; "the noisy voice of the waterfall"; "the incessant voices of the artillery"
- 4. articulation, voice, expression, verbal expression, verbalism
- usage: expressing in coherent verbal form; "the articulation of my feelings"; "I gave voice to my feelings"
- 5. voice, means, agency, way
- usage: a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated; "the voice of the law"; "the Times is not the voice of New York"; "conservatism has many voices"
- 6. voice, communication
- usage: something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression; "the wee small voice of conscience"; "the voice of experience"; "he said his voices told him to do it"
- 7. voice, singer, vocalist, vocalizer, vocaliser
- usage: (metonymy) a singer; "he wanted to hear trained voices sing it"
- 8. spokesperson, interpreter, representative, voice, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose; "the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government"
- 9. voice, physical ability
- usage: the ability to speak; "he lost his voice"
- 10. voice, grammatical relation
- usage: (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
- 11. part, voice, tune, melody, air, strain, melodic line, line, melodic phrase
- usage: the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music; "he tried to sing the tenor part"
- 1. voice, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: give voice to; "He voiced his concern"
- 2. voice, sound, vocalize, vocalise, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: utter with vibrating vocal chords
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of voice (Dictionary)