WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unvoiced (vs. voiced), voiceless, surd, hard, whispered
- usage: produced without vibration of the vocal cords; "unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"
- 2. disenfranchised (vs. enfranchised), disfranchised, voiceless, voteless
- usage: deprived of the rights of citizenship especially the right to vote; "labor was voiceless"; "disenfrenchised masses took to the streets"
- 3. breathed, voiceless, inaudible (vs. audible), unhearable
- usage: uttered without voice; "could hardly hear her breathed plea, `Help me'"; "voiceless whispers"
- 4. aphonic, voiceless, inarticulate (vs. articulate), unarticulate
- usage: being without sound through injury or illness and thus incapable of all but whispered speech
All rights reserved.
See also: voiceless (Dictionary)