- 1. volatile, substance
- usage: a volatile substance; a substance that changes readily from solid or liquid to a vapor; "it was heated to evaporate the volatiles"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. volatile (vs. nonvolatile), evaporable, vaporific, vapourific, vaporizable, vapourisable, volatilizable, volatilisable, inconstant
- usage: evaporating readily at normal temperatures and pressures; "volatile oils"; "volatile solvents"
- 2. explosive, volatile, unstable (vs. stable)
- usage: liable to lead to sudden change or violence; "an explosive issue"; "a volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation"
- 3. fickle, volatile, inconstant (vs. constant)
- usage: marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments; "fickle friends"; "a flirt's volatile affections"
- 4. volatile, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: tending to vary often or widely; "volatile stocks"; "volatile emotions"
All rights reserved.
See also: volatile (Dictionary)