- 1. fusillade, salvo, volley, burst, fire, firing
- usage: rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms; "our fusillade from the left flank caught them by surprise"
- 2. volley, return
- usage: a tennis return made by hitting the ball before it bounces
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. volley, disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out
- usage: be dispersed in a volley; "gun shots volleyed at the attackers"
- 2. volley, hit
- usage: hit before it touches the ground; "volley the tennis ball"
- 3. volley, discharge
- usage: discharge in, or as if in, a volley; "the attackers volleyed gunshots at the civilians"
- 4. volley, play
- usage: make a volley
- 5. volley, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter rapidly; "volley a string of curses"
All rights reserved.
See also: volley (Dictionary)