- 1. volunteer, military volunteer, voluntary, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: (military) a person who freely enlists for service
- 2. voluntary, solo
- usage: composition (often improvised) for a solo instrument (especially solo organ) and not a regular part of a religious service or musical performance
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. voluntary (vs. involuntary), willful, wilful, freewill, self-imposed, uncoerced, unforced, willing, unpaid, volunteer(prenominal), conscious, willing, intended
- usage: of your own free will or design; done by choice; not forced or compelled; "man is a voluntary agent"; "participation was voluntary"; "voluntary manslaughter"; "voluntary generosity in times of disaster"; "voluntary social workers"; "a voluntary confession"
- 2. voluntary (vs. involuntary)
- usage: controlled by individual volition; "voluntary motions"; "voluntary muscles"
All rights reserved.
See also: voluntary (Dictionary)