Synonyms of volunteer
- 1. volunteer, military volunteer, voluntary, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: (military) a person who freely enlists for service
- 2. volunteer, unpaid worker, worker
- usage: a person who performs voluntary work
- 3. Tennessean, Volunteer, American
- usage: a native or resident of Tennessee
- 1. volunteer, inform
- usage: tell voluntarily; "He volunteered the information"
- 2. volunteer, offer, act, move
- usage: agree freely; "She volunteered to drive the old lady home"; "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- 3. volunteer, work
- usage: do volunteer work
- 1. unpaid, volunteer(prenominal), voluntary (vs. involuntary)
- usage: without payment; "the soup kitchen was run primarily by unpaid helpers"; "a volunteer fire department"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of volunteer (Dictionary)