WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. votary, religious
- usage: one bound by vows to a religion or life of worship or service; "monasteries of votaries"
- 2. votary, priest, non-Christian priest
- usage: a priest or priestess (or consecrated worshipper) in a non-Christian religion or cult; "a votary of Aphrodite"
- 3. votary, disciple, adherent
- usage: a devoted (almost religiously so) adherent of a cause or person or activity; "the cultured votary of science"
All rights reserved.
See also: votary (Dictionary)