WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vouch, testify, attest, take the stand, bear witness
- usage: give personal assurance; guarantee; "Will he vouch for me?"
- 2. guarantee, vouch, pledge, plight
- usage: give surety or assume responsibility; "I vouch for the quality of my products"
- 3. vouch, summon, summons, cite
- usage: summon (a vouchee) into court to warrant or defend a title
- 4. vouch, confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: give supporting evidence; "He vouched his words by his deeds"
All rights reserved.
See also: vouch (Dictionary)