- 1. lament, lamentation, plaint, wail, complaint
- usage: a cry of sorrow and grief; "their pitiful laments could be heard throughout the ward"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. howl, ululate, wail, roar, yawl, yaup, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
- 2. wail, whimper, mewl, pule, cry, weep
- usage: cry weakly or softly; "she wailed with pain"
All rights reserved.
See also: wail (Dictionary)