Synonyms of wailing
- 1. wailing, bawling, crying, weeping, tears
- usage: loud cries made while weeping
- 1. howl, ululate, wail, roar, yawl, yaup, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
- 2. wail, whimper, mewl, pule, cry, weep
- usage: cry weakly or softly; "she wailed with pain"
- 1. lamenting, wailing, wailful, sorrowful (vs. joyful)
- usage: vocally expressing grief or sorrow or resembling such expression; "lamenting sinners"; "wailing mourners"; "the wailing wind"; "wailful bagpipes"; "tangle her desires with wailful sonnets"- Shakespeare
All rights reserved.