Synonyms of waiting
- 1. wait, waiting, inactivity
- usage: the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something); "the wait was an ordeal for him"
- 1. wait
- usage: stay in one place and anticipate or expect something; "I had to wait on line for an hour to get the tickets"
- 2. wait, hold off, hold back, act, move
- usage: wait before acting; "the scientists held off announcing their results until they repeated the experiment"
- 3. expect, look, await, wait
- usage: look forward to the probable occurrence of; "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"; "She is looking to a promotion"; "he is waiting to be drafted"
- 4. wait, waitress, work
- usage: serve as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant; "I'm waiting on tables at Maxim's"
- 1. waiting, ready and waiting(predicate), ready (vs. unready)
- usage: being and remaining ready and available for use; "waiting cars and limousines lined the curb"; "found her mother waiting for them"; "an impressive array of food ready and waiting for the guests"; "military forces ready and waiting"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of waiting (Dictionary)