- 1. awakening, wakening, waking up, arousal, rousing
- usage: the act of waking; "it was an early awakening"; "it was the waking up he hated most"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- 2. wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken, change state, turn
- usage: stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
All rights reserved.
See also: wakening (Dictionary)