WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Wallace, Sir William Wallace
- usage: Scottish insurgent who led the resistance to Edward I; in 1297 he gained control of Scotland briefly until Edward invaded Scotland again and defeated Wallace and subsequently executed him (1270-1305)
- 2. Wallace, Edgar Wallace, Richard Horatio Edgar Wallace
- usage: English writer noted for his crime novels (1875-1932)
- 3. Wallace, Alfred Russel Wallace
- usage: English naturalist who formulated a concept of evolution that resembled Charles Darwin's (1823-1913)
All rights reserved.
See also: wallace (Dictionary)