- 1. wide area network, WAN, computer network
- usage: a computer network that spans a wider area than does a local area network
- 1. wan, sicken, come down
- usage: become pale and sickly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pale, pallid, wan, sick, weak (vs. strong)
- usage: (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; "the pale light of a half moon"; "a pale sun"; "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street"; "a pallid sky"; "the pale (or wan) stars"; "the wan light of dawn"
- 2. pale, pallid, wan, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress; "the pallid face of the invalid"; "her wan face suddenly flushed"
- 3. wan, unanimated (vs. animated)
- usage: lacking vitality as from weariness or illness or unhappiness; "a wan smile"
All rights reserved.
See also: wan (Dictionary)