Synonyms of wanting
- 1. desire, want
- usage: feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
- 2. want, need, require, be
- usage: have need of; "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
- 3. want, search, seek, look for
- usage: hunt or look for; want for a particular reason; "Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI"; "Uncle Sam wants you"
- 4. want, demand
- usage: wish or demand the presence of; "I want you here at noon!"
- 5. want, miss, lack
- usage: be without, lack; be deficient in; "want courtesy"; "want the strength to go on living"; "flood victims wanting food and shelter"
- 1. lacking, absent, missing, wanting, nonexistent (vs. existent)
- usage: nonexistent; "the thumb is absent"; "her appetite was lacking"
- 2. deficient, lacking(predicate), wanting(predicate), inadequate (vs. adequate), unequal
- usage: inadequate in amount or degree; "a deficient education"; "deficient in common sense"; "lacking in stamina"; "tested and found wanting"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wanting (Dictionary)