Synonyms of ward
- 1. ward, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who is under the protection or in the custody of another
- 2. ward, administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
- usage: a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
- 3. ward, hospital ward, block
- usage: block forming a division of a hospital (or a suite of rooms) shared by patients who need a similar kind of care; "they put her in a 4-bed ward"
- 4. Ward, Barbara Ward, Baroness Jackson of Lodsworth
- usage: English economist and conservationist (1914-1981)
- 5. Ward, Mrs. Humphrey Ward, Mary Augusta Arnold Ward
- usage: English writer of novels who was an active opponent of the women's suffrage movement (1851-1920)
- 6. Ward, Montgomery Ward, Aaron Montgomery Ward
- usage: United States businessman who in 1872 established a successful mail-order business (1843-1913)
- 7. cellblock, ward, block
- usage: a division of a prison (usually consisting of several cells)
- 1. guard, ward, protect
- usage: watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect; "guard my possessions while I'm away"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ward (Dictionary)