Synonyms of washed
- 1. wash, rinse, serve, process, swear out
- usage: clean with some chemical process
- 2. wash, lave, cleanse, clean
- usage: cleanse (one's body) with soap and water
- 3. wash, launder, clean, make clean
- usage: cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water; "Wash the towels, please!"
- 4. wash, move, displace
- usage: move by or as if by water; "The swollen river washed away the footbridge"
- 5. wash, be
- usage: be capable of being washed; "Does this material wash?"
- 6. wash, stand
- usage: admit to testing or proof; "This silly excuse won't wash in traffic court"
- 7. wash, separate
- usage: separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals)
- 8. wash, cover
- usage: apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to
- 9. wash, wash out, wash off, wash away, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent; "he washed the dirt from his coat"; "The nurse washed away the blood"; "Can you wash away the spots on the windows?"; "he managed to wash out the stains"
- 10. wash, erode, eat away, fret
- usage: form by erosion; "The river washed a ravine into the mountainside"
- 11. moisten, wash, dampen, wet
- usage: make moist; "The dew moistened the meadows"
- 12. lave, lap, wash, flow
- usage: wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
- 13. wash, cleanse, clean
- usage: to cleanse (itself or another animal) by licking; "The cat washes several times a day"
- 1. washed, water-washed, clean (vs. dirty)
- usage: clean by virtue of having been washed in water
- 2. washed, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: wet as from washing; sometimes used in combination; "rain-washed"
All rights reserved.