Synonyms of washed out
- 1. rain out, wash out, prevent, keep
- usage: prevent or interrupt due to rain; "The storm had washed out the game"
- 2. wash out, wash, launder
- usage: wash free from unwanted substances, such as dirt; "Wash out your dirty shirt in the sink"
- 3. wash out, destroy, ruin
- usage: wear or destroy by the force of water; "The hail storms had washed out the bridges"
- 4. wash, wash out, wash off, wash away, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent; "he washed the dirt from his coat"; "The nurse washed away the blood"; "Can you wash away the spots on the windows?"; "he managed to wash out the stains"
- 5. wash out, weaken
- usage: deplete of strength or vitality; "The illness washed her out"
- 6. wash out, discolor
- usage: drain off the color in the course of laundering; "The harsh soap washed out the delicate blouse"
- 7. wash out, discolor
- usage: lose color in the process of being washed; "The expensive shirt washed out in the German washing machine"
- 1. exhausted, dog-tired, fagged, fatigued, played out, spent, washed-out, worn-out(prenominal), worn out(predicate), tired (vs. rested)
- usage: drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted; "the day's shopping left her exhausted"; "he went to bed dog-tired"; "was fagged and sweaty"; "the trembling of his played out limbs"; "felt completely washed-out"; "only worn-out horses and cattle"; "you look worn out"
- 2. bleached, faded, washed-out, washy, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: having lost freshness or brilliance of color; "sun-bleached deck chairs"; "faded jeans"; "a very pale washed-out blue"; "washy colors"
All rights reserved.