WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. uneconomical, wasteful, inefficient (vs. efficient)
- usage: inefficient in use of time and effort and materials; "a clumsy and wasteful process"; "wasteful duplication of effort"; "uneconomical ebb and flow of power"
- 2. wasteful (vs. thrifty), extravagant, prodigal, profligate, spendthrift, pound-foolish, uneconomical, uneconomic, improvident
- usage: tending to squander and waste
- 3. wasteful, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: laying waste; "when wasteful war shall statues overturn"- Shakespeare
All rights reserved.
See also: wasteful (Dictionary)