Synonyms of watching
- 1. observation, observance, watching, look, looking, looking at
- usage: the act of observing; taking a patient look
- 1. watch
- usage: look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- 2. watch, observe, follow, watch over, keep an eye on, check, check up on, look into, check out, suss out, check over, go over, check into
- usage: follow with the eyes or the mind; "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars"
- 3. watch, view, see, catch, take in, watch
- usage: see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
- 4. watch, look on
- usage: observe with attention; "They watched as the murderer was executed"
- 5. watch, look out, watch out
- usage: be vigilant, be on the lookout or be careful; "Watch out for pickpockets!"
- 6. watch
- usage: observe or determine by looking; "Watch how the dog chases the cats away"
- 7. determine, check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
- usage: find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
All rights reserved.