Synonyms of water
- 1. water, H2O, binary compound, liquid
- usage: binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- 2. body of water, water, thing
- usage: the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean); "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"
- 3. water, element
- usage: once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- 4. water system, water supply, water, facility, installation
- usage: a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
- 5. urine, piss, pee, piddle, weewee, water, body waste, excretion, excreta, excrement, excretory product
- usage: liquid excretory product; "there was blood in his urine"; "the child had to make water"
- 6. water, liquid, food, nutrient, nutrient
- usage: a liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants; "he asked for a drink of water"
- 1. water, irrigate, wet
- usage: supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams; "Water the fields"
- 2. water, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with water; "We watered the buffalo"
- 3. water, secrete, release
- usage: secrete or form water, as tears or saliva; "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- 4. water, fill, fill up
- usage: fill with tears; "His eyes were watering"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of water (Dictionary)