WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wateriness, muddiness, sloppiness, wetness
- usage: the wetness of ground that is covered or soaked with water; "the baseball game was canceled because of the wateriness of the outfield"; "the water's muddiness made it undrinkable"; "the sloppiness of a rainy November day"
- 2. wateriness, meagerness, meagreness, leanness, poorness, scantiness, scantness, exiguity
- usage: meagerness or poorness connoted by a superfluity of water (in a literary style as well as in a food); "the haziness and wateriness of his disquisitions"; "the wateriness of his blood"; "no one enjoys the burning of his soup or the wateriness of his potatoes"
- 3. wateriness, thinness
- usage: the property of resembling the viscosity of water
All rights reserved.
See also: wateriness (Dictionary)