Synonyms of wave
- 1. wave, moving ridge, movement, motion
- usage: one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
- 2. wave, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon; "a wave of settlers"; "troops advancing in waves"
- 3. wave, undulation, movement, motion
- usage: (physics) a movement up and down or back and forth
- 4. wave, rise
- usage: something that rises rapidly; "a wave of emotion swept over him"; "there was a sudden wave of buying before the market closed"; "a wave of conservatism in the country led by the hard right"
- 5. wave, waving, wafture, gesture, motion
- usage: the act of signaling by a movement of the hand
- 6. wave, hairdo, hairstyle, hair style, coiffure, coif
- usage: a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair
- 7. wave, undulation, curve, curved shape
- usage: an undulating curve
- 8. wave, weather, weather condition, conditions, atmospheric condition
- usage: a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures); "a heat wave"
- 9. Wave, reservist, woman, adult female
- usage: a member of the women's reserve of the United States Navy; originally organized during World War II but now no longer a separate branch
- 1. beckon, wave, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: signal with the hands or nod; "She waved to her friends"; "He waved his hand hospitably"
- 2. brandish, flourish, wave, move, displace
- usage: move or swing back and forth; "She waved her gun"
- 3. roll, undulate, flap, wave, move
- usage: move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
- 4. curl, wave, twist
- usage: twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
- 5. wave, dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure
- usage: set waves in; "she asked the hairdresser to wave her hair"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wave (Dictionary)