WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. waxen, waxy
- usage: made of or covered with wax; "waxen candles"; "careful, the floor is waxy"
- 2. impressionable (vs. unimpressionable), waxy, impressible, easy, spinnable, plastic, pliant, susceptible
- usage: easily impressed or influenced; "an impressionable youngster"; "an impressionable age"; "a waxy mind"
- 3. bendable, pliable, pliant, waxy, flexible (vs. inflexible), flexile
- usage: capable of being bent or flexed or twisted without breaking; "a flexible wire"; "a pliant young tree"
- 4. waxen, waxlike, waxy, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: having the paleness of wax; "the poor face with the same awful waxen pallor"- Bram Stoker; "the soldier turned his waxlike features toward him"; "a thin face with a waxy paleness"
All rights reserved.
See also: waxy (Dictionary)