WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. weaken, change, alter, modify
- usage: lessen the strength of; "The fever weakened his body"
- 2. weaken, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: become weaker; "The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days"
- 3. sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert, weaken, disobey
- usage: destroy property or hinder normal operations; "The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"
- 4. de-escalate, weaken, step down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: reduce the level or intensity or size or scope of; "de-escalate a crisis"
- 5. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
All rights reserved.
See also: weaken (Dictionary)