WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. failing, weakness, imperfection, imperfectness
- usage: a flaw or weak point; "he was quick to point out his wife's failings"
- 2. helplessness, weakness, impuissance, powerlessness, impotence, impotency
- usage: powerlessness revealed by an inability to act; "in spite of their weakness the group remains active"
- 3. weakness, property
- usage: the property of lacking physical or mental strength; liability to failure under pressure or stress or strain; "his weakness increased as he became older"; "the weakness of the span was overlooked until it collapsed"
- 4. weakness, misfortune, bad luck, tough luck, ill luck
- usage: the condition of being financially weak; "the weakness of the dollar against the yen"
- 5. weakness, preference, penchant, predilection, taste
- usage: a penchant for something even though it might not be good for you; "he has a weakness for chocolate"
All rights reserved.
See also: weakness (Dictionary)