Synonyms of wear out
- 1. tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue, indispose
- usage: exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
- 2. break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
- 3. wear, wear off, wear out, wear down, wear thin, deteriorate
- usage: deteriorate through use or stress; "The constant friction wore out the cloth"
All rights reserved.