Synonyms of wearing away
- 1. erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away, geological process, geologic process
- usage: (geology) the mechanical process of wearing or grinding something down (as by particles washing over it)
- 1. whittle away, whittle down, wear away, damage
- usage: cut away in small pieces
- 2. wear away, wear off, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: diminish, as by friction; "Erosion wore away the surface"
- 3. erode, gnaw, gnaw at, eat at, wear away, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: become ground down or deteriorate; "Her confidence eroded"
All rights reserved.