- 1. wedge, wedge shape, cuneus, triangle, trigon, trilateral
- usage: any shape that is triangular in cross section
- 2. bomber, grinder, hero, hero sandwich, hoagie, hoagy, Cuban sandwich, Italian sandwich, poor boy, sub, submarine, submarine sandwich, torpedo, wedge, zep, sandwich
- usage: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- 3. hacek, wedge, diacritical mark, diacritic
- usage: a diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as the letter c) to indicate pronunciation
- 4. wedge heel, wedge, heel
- usage: a heel that is an extension of the sole of the shoe
- 5. wedge, iron
- usage: (golf) an iron with considerable loft and a broad sole
- 6. wedge, inclined plane
- usage: something solid that is usable as an inclined plane (shaped like a V) that can be pushed between two things to separate them
- 7. chock, wedge, block
- usage: a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lodge, wedge, stick, deposit, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
- 2. wedge, squeeze, force, move, displace
- usage: squeeze like a wedge into a tight space; "I squeezed myself into the corner"
All rights reserved.
See also: wedge (Dictionary)