- 1. Wyrd, Weird, Anglo-Saxon deity
- usage: fate personified; any one of the three Weird Sisters
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eldritch, weird, uncanny, unearthly, supernatural (vs. natural)
- usage: suggesting the operation of supernatural influences; "an eldritch screech"; "the three weird sisters"; "stumps...had uncanny shapes as of monstrous creatures"- John Galsworthy; "an unearthly light"; "he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew piercing the din"- Henry Kingsley
- 2. weird, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: strikingly odd or unusual; "some trick of the moonlight; some weird effect of shadow"- Bram Stoker
All rights reserved.
See also: weird (Dictionary)