- 1. dyer's rocket, dyer's mignonette, weld, Reseda luteola, reseda
- usage: European mignonette cultivated as a source of yellow dye; naturalized in North America
- 2. Weld, Theodore Dwight Weld
- usage: United States abolitionist (1803-1895)
- 3. weld, joint
- usage: a metal joint formed by softening with heat and fusing or hammering together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. weld, join, conjoin
- usage: join together by heating; "weld metal"
- 2. weld, unite, unify, merge
- usage: unite closely or intimately; "Her gratitude welded her to him"
All rights reserved.
See also: weld (Dictionary)