WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. social welfare, welfare, public assistance, aid, economic aid, financial aid
- usage: governmental provision of economic assistance to persons in need; "she lives on welfare"
- 2. benefit, welfare, good, goodness
- usage: something that aids or promotes well-being; "for the benefit of all"
- 3. wellbeing, well-being, welfare, upbeat, eudaemonia, eudaimonia, prosperity, successfulness
- usage: a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous; "the town was finally on the upbeat after our recent troubles"
All rights reserved.
See also: welfare (Dictionary)