- 1. wale, welt, weal, wheal, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: a raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip); characteristic of many allergic reactions
- 2. welt, seam
- usage: a raised or strengthened seam
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 2. welt, add
- usage: put a welt on; "welt the shoes"
All rights reserved.
See also: welt (Dictionary)