Synonyms of wharf
- 1. pier, wharf, wharfage, dock, platform
- usage: a platform built out from the shore into the water and supported by piles; provides access to ships and boats
- 1. wharf, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a wharf; "Wharf the mouth of the river"
- 2. wharf, store
- usage: store on a wharf; "Wharf the merchandise"
- 3. wharf, drop, drop off, set down, put down, unload, discharge
- usage: discharge at a wharf; "wharf the passengers"
- 4. moor, berth, wharf, dock
- usage: come into or dock at a wharf; "the big ship wharfed in the evening"
- 5. wharf, moor, berth, tie up
- usage: moor at a wharf; "The ship was wharfed"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wharf (Dictionary)