Synonyms of wheel
- 1. wheel, machine, simple machine
- usage: a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
- 2. steering wheel, wheel, handwheel
- usage: a handwheel that is used for steering
- 3. wheel, force
- usage: forces that provide energy and direction; "the wheels of government began to turn"
- 4. wheel, helm
- usage: a circular helm to control the rudder of a vessel
- 5. roulette wheel, wheel, game equipment
- usage: game equipment consisting of a wheel with slots that is used for gambling; the wheel rotates horizontally and players bet on which slot the roulette ball will stop in
- 6. rack, wheel, instrument of torture
- usage: an instrument of torture that stretches or disjoints or mutilates victims
- 7. bicycle, bike, wheel, cycle, wheeled vehicle
- usage: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
- 1. wheel, wheel around, revolve, go around, rotate
- usage: change directions as if revolving on a pivot; "They wheeled their horses around and left"
- 2. wheel, wheel around, transport
- usage: wheel somebody or something
- 3. wheel, roll, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle; "The President's convoy rolled past the crowds"
- 4. bicycle, cycle, bike, pedal, wheel, ride
- usage: ride a bicycle
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wheel (Dictionary)