Synonyms of whiff
- 1. puff, puff of air, whiff, gust, blast, blow
- usage: a short light gust of air
- 2. whiff, lefteye flounder, lefteyed flounder
- usage: a lefteye flounder found in coastal waters from New England to Brazil
- 3. whiff, strikeout
- usage: a strikeout resulting from the batter swinging at and missing the ball for the third strike
- 1. sniff, whiff, smell
- usage: perceive by inhaling through the nose; "sniff the perfume"
- 2. whiff, blow
- usage: drive or carry as if by a puff of air; "The gust of air whiffed away the clouds"
- 3. whiff, strike out
- usage: strike out by swinging and missing the pitch charged as the third
- 4. puff, whiff, smoke
- usage: smoke and exhale strongly; "puff a cigar"; "whiff a pipe"
- 5. whiff, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter with a puff of air; "whiff out a prayer"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of whiff (Dictionary)