- 1. whiting, saltwater fish
- usage: flesh of a cod-like fish of the Atlantic waters of Europe
- 2. whiting, saltwater fish
- usage: flesh of any of a number of slender food fishes especially of Atlantic coasts of North America
- 3. whiting, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: a small fish of the genus Sillago; excellent food fish
- 4. whiting, sciaenid fish, sciaenid
- usage: any of several food fishes of North American coastal waters
- 5. silver hake, Merluccius bilinearis, whiting, hake
- usage: found off Atlantic coast of North America
- 6. whiting, Merlangus merlangus, Gadus merlangus, gadoid, gadoid fish
- usage: a food fish of the Atlantic waters of Europe resembling the cod; sometimes placed in genus Gadus
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. whiten, white, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn white; "This detergent will whiten your laundry"
All rights reserved.
See also: whiting (Dictionary)