- 1. ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz, expert
- usage: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- 2. whiz, sound
- usage: a buzzing or hissing sound as of something traveling rapidly through the air; "he heard the whiz of bullets near his head"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. whizz, whiz, whirr, whir, birr, purr, sound, go
- usage: make a soft swishing sound; "the motor whirred"; "the car engine purred"
All rights reserved.
See also: whiz (Dictionary)