- 1. whoop, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a loud hooting cry of exultation or excitement
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. whoop, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: shout, as if with joy or enthusiasm; "The children whooped when they were led to the picnic table"
- 2. hack, whoop, cough
- usage: cough spasmodically; "The patient with emphysema is hacking all day"
All rights reserved.
See also: whoop (Dictionary)