Synonyms of widen
- 1. widen, increase
- usage: become broader or wider or more extensive; "The road widened"
- 2. let out, widen, change, alter, vary
- usage: make (clothes) larger; "Let out that dress--I gained a lot of weight"
- 3. widen, change, alter, modify
- usage: make wider; "widen the road"
- 4. widen, broaden, extend, increase
- usage: extend in scope or range or area; "The law was extended to all citizens"; "widen the range of applications"; "broaden your horizon"; "Extend your backyard"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of widen (Dictionary)