Synonyms of wildcat
- 1. wildcat well, wildcat, oil well, oiler
- usage: an exploratory oil well drilled in land not known to be an oil field
- 2. beast, wolf, savage, brute, wildcat, attacker, aggressor, assailant, assaulter
- usage: a cruelly rapacious person
- 3. wildcat, cat, true cat
- usage: any small or medium-sized cat resembling the domestic cat and living in the wild
- 1. wildcat, unsound (vs. sound)
- usage: outside the bounds of legitimate or ethical business practices; "wildcat currency issued by irresponsible banks"; "wildcat stock speculation"; "a wildcat airline"; "wildcat life insurance schemes"
- 2. unauthorized, unauthorised, wildcat, unofficial (vs. official)
- usage: without official authorization; "an unauthorized strike"; "wildcat work stoppage"
- 3. wildcat, exploratory (vs. nonexploratory), explorative
- usage: (of a mine or oil well) drilled speculatively in an area not known to be productive; "drilling there would be strictly a wildcat operation"; "a wildcat mine"; "wildcat drilling"; "wildcat wells"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wildcat (Dictionary)