WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wilderness, disfavor, disfavour
- usage: (politics) a state of disfavor; "he led the Democratic party back from the wilderness"
- 2. Wilderness
- usage: a wooded region in northeastern Virginia near Spotsylvania where bloody but inconclusive battles were fought in the American Civil War
- 3. wilderness, wild, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: a wild and uninhabited area left in its natural condition; "it was a wilderness preserved for the hawks and mountaineers"
- 4. wilderness, profusion, profuseness, richness, cornucopia
- usage: a bewildering profusion; "the duties of citizenship are lost sight of in the wilderness of interests of individuals and groups"; "a wilderness of masts in the harbor"
All rights reserved.
See also: wilderness (Dictionary)