WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. windage, drag, retarding force
- usage: the retarding force of air friction on a moving object
- 2. windage, diameter, diam
- usage: the space between the projectile of a smoothbore gun and the surface of the bore of the gun
- 3. windage, wind exposure, exposure
- usage: exposure to the wind (as the exposed part of a vessel's hull which is responsible for wind resistance)
- 4. windage, wind deflection, deflection, deflexion, bending
- usage: the deflection of a projectile resulting from the effects of wind
All rights reserved.
See also: windage (Dictionary)