Synonyms of window
- 1. window, framework
- usage: a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- 2. window, opening
- usage: a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- 3. window, panel
- usage: a transparent panel (as of an envelope) inserted in an otherwise opaque material
- 4. window, opening, gap
- usage: an opening that resembles a window in appearance or function; "he could see them through a window in the trees"
- 5. window, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the time period that is considered best for starting or finishing something; "the expanded window will give us time to catch the thieves"; "they had a window of less than an hour when an attack would have succeeded"
- 6. windowpane, window, pane, pane of glass, window glass
- usage: a pane of glass in a window; "the ball shattered the window"
- 7. window, opening
- usage: an opening in a wall or screen that admits light and air and through which customers can be served; "he stuck his head in the window"
- 8. window, display, video display
- usage: (computer science) a rectangular part of a computer screen that contains a display different from the rest of the screen
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of window (Dictionary)