Synonyms of wink
- 1. blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute, moment, mo, minute, second, bit
- usage: a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
- 2. wink, facial expression, facial gesture
- usage: closing one eye quickly as a signal
- 3. blink, eye blink, blinking, wink, winking, nictitation, nictation, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly
- 1. wink, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: signal by winking; "She winked at him"
- 2. flash, blink, wink, twinkle, winkle, radiate
- usage: gleam or glow intermittently; "The lights were flashing"
- 3. blink, wink, nictitate, nictate, act involuntarily, act reflexively
- usage: briefly shut the eyes; "The TV announcer never seems to blink"
- 4. wink, blink, blink away, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: force to go away by blinking; "blink away tears"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wink (Dictionary)