Synonyms of wiped out
- 1. consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out, spend, expend, drop
- usage: use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- 2. eliminate, annihilate, extinguish, eradicate, wipe out, decimate, carry off, kill
- usage: kill in large numbers; "the plague wiped out an entire population"
- 3. wipe out, sweep away, destroy, destruct
- usage: eliminate completely and without a trace; "The old values have been wiped out"
- 4. erase, wipe out, kill
- usage: remove from memory or existence; "The Turks erased the Armenians in 1915"
- 5. kill, obliterate, wipe out, take away, take out
- usage: mark for deletion, rub off, or erase; "kill these lines in the President's speech"
- 6. cancel out, wipe out, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: wipe out the effect of something; "The new tax effectively cancels out my raise"; "The `A' will cancel out the `C' on your record"
- 1. annihilated, exterminated, wiped out(predicate), destroyed (vs. preserved)
- usage: destroyed completely
- 2. broken, wiped out(predicate), impoverished, destroyed (vs. preserved)
- usage: destroyed financially; "the broken fortunes of the family"
All rights reserved.