- 1. wire, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: provide with electrical circuits; "wire the addition to the house"
- 2. cable, telegraph, wire, telecommunicate
- usage: send cables, wires, or telegrams
- 3. wire, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with wire; "The columns were wired to the beams for support"
- 4. wire, string, thread, draw
- usage: string on a wire; "wire beads"
- 5. electrify, wire, adapt, accommodate
- usage: equip for use with electricity; "electrify an appliance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wired (vs. wireless), bugged, connected
- usage: equipped with wire or wires especially for electric or telephone service; "a well-wired house"
- 2. pumped-up(prenominal), pumped up(predicate), pumped(predicate), wired, tense (vs. relaxed)
- usage: tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline; "we were really pumped up for the race"; "he was so pumped he couldn't sleep"
- 3. wired, bound (vs. unbound)
- usage: tied or bound with wire; "wired bundles of newspapers"
All rights reserved.
See also: wired (Dictionary)