- 1. radio, radiocommunication, wireless, broadcasting
- usage: medium for communication
- 2. wireless, telecommunication, telecom
- usage: transmission by radio waves
- 3. radio receiver, receiving set, radio set, radio, tuner, wireless, receiver, receiving system
- usage: an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
- 4. radio, wireless, communication system
- usage: a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wireless (vs. wired)
- usage: having no wires; "a wireless security system"
All rights reserved.
See also: wireless (Dictionary)