Synonyms of withered
- 1. shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: wither, as with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled"
- 2. fade, wither, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
- 1. shriveled, shrivelled, shrunken, withered, wizen, wizened, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: lean and wrinkled by shrinkage as from age or illness; "the old woman's shriveled skin"; "he looked shriveled and ill"; "a shrunken old man"; "a lanky scarecrow of a man with withered face and lantern jaws"-W.F.Starkie; "he did well despite his withered arm"; "a wizened little man with frizzy grey hair"
- 2. dried-up, sere, sear, shriveled, shrivelled, withered, dry (vs. wet)
- usage: (used especially of vegetation) having lost all moisture; "dried-up grass"; "the desert was edged with sere vegetation"; "shriveled leaves on the unwatered seedlings"; "withered vines"
All rights reserved.