Synonyms of withering
- 1. atrophy, withering, weakening
- usage: any weakening or degeneration (especially through lack of use)
- 1. shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: wither, as with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled"
- 2. fade, wither, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
- 1. annihilative, annihilating, devastating, withering, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: wreaking or capable of wreaking complete destruction; "possessing annihilative power"; "a devastating hurricane"; "the guns opened a withering fire"
- 2. annihilating, devastating, withering, disrespectful (vs. respectful)
- usage: making light of; "afire with annihilating invective"; "a devastating portrait of human folly"; "to compliments inflated I've a withering reply"- W.S.Gilbert
All rights reserved.